Respect the SFWU Community
We're not asking for the kind of respect reserved for nuns, the elderly, and Nobel laureates. We mean don't abuse the site. Every cool new community feature on SFWU involves a certain level of trust. We trust you to be responsible, and millions of users respect that trust. Please be one of them.
Don't Cross the Line
Here are some common-sense rules that will help you steer clear of trouble:
- SFWU is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes your comment, don't post it on SFWU. Also, be advised that we work closely with law enforcement and we report child exploitation. Please read our Safety Tips and stay safe on SFWU.
- Don't post comments on how to evade security at airports, or bomb making or similar lesson plans in destruction. That is not what we are about.
- Respect copyright. Only upload photos, audio or videos that you made or that you are authorized to use. This means don't upload anything you didn't make, or use content that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, images or videos made by other users, without necessary authorizations.
- We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view. But we don't permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).
- Everyone hates spam. Don’t create misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails in order to increase views. It's not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.
Please take these rules seriously and take them to heart. Don't try to look for loopholes or try to lawyer your way around the guidelines—just understand them and try to respect the spirit in which they were created.
We Enforce These Guidelines
Accounts are penalized for Membership Guidelines violations and serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination. If your account is terminated, you won’t be allowed to create any new accounts.
SFWU is for the Community
Remember that this is your community! Each and every user of SFWU makes the site what it is, so don't be afraid to dig in and get involved!
- Have fun with the site. There's a lot to see here, and lots of folks making amazing stuff—one of them might be you!
- Let folks know what you think. Feedback is part of the experience, and when done with respect, can be a great way to learn, make friends, share stories, and make your time on SFWU richer. So leave comments, rate Courses, make your own responses to courses and questions that affect you—there's a lot going on and a lot of ways to participate.